Pages

Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hello Kitty Crochet Headband

I'm so excited about this pattern. My daughter is one of the biggest fans of HK whatever she can own of HK she'll try to get it, and if my husband and I don't get it, she has two aunts that as my daughter are HK lovers. When I started crocheting again, the first thing I made was the HK beanie. Now that the days are getting warmer here in Germany, I decide to make her a headband. I saw it in my head and had to draw it before I forget it. After drawing I started crocheting and it only took me an hour to make it and I loved the way it turned out. When my daughter saw it she was so excited and ever since she hasn't put it down.
The other good thing about this pattern is that its versitile and you can make other things too. I have so many ideas now for headbands that I want to crochet now but I'm busy with other things. Hopefully in a month or so I can get it done and I will post it here.




If you make this and post a picture of it on your website please include a link to this pattern, also I would love to see your creations on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paper-Needles-n-Sweets/252330694896083

Please remember that this is my first time written patterns, if you find any mistakes or problems making it feel free to contact me, I'll be glad to help you. You can use this pattern for your personal use, but  please do not share a copy of my work or claims as yours, instead share my website where they can find the pattern for free.
Thank you


Hello Kitty™ Headband/Ear warmers
PAPER, NEEDLES N SWEETS © February 2013

This size will fit  a 9 year old girl if you want to make it bigger increase the number of chain make on round 1 of the headband.




Materials
White yarn (sport weight)
Pink , black and Yellow (worsted weight)
Hook H/5.00
Needle
Crochet marker

Headband
Round 1- Chain 70 join with a slip stitch to the 1st ch. Ch 1, sc in the same st as ch 1, sc in the next st and in each st around, join with sl st to top of 1st sc (Be careful no to turn the chain)
Round 2- Ch 1, SC in the same st as ch 1 and in each st. around. Join with sl st. to top of the 1st sc
Round 3 to 15- Repeat round 2
Round 16-  Using pink yarn, repeat round 2
At the end of round 16 fasten off

Ears (make 2)

They are crochet on continuous round you will need a crochet marker.
Round 1-  MC 6 (MC-magic circle)
Round 2- *2 SC in the next st, SC in the next st. * Repeat
Round 3- *2 SC in the next st, SC in the next 2 st *Repeat
Round 4- *2 SC in the next st, SC in the next 3 st * Repeat
Round 5- *2 SC in the next st, SC in the next 4 st * Repeat
Round 6- *2 SC in the next st, SC in the next 5 st *Repeat
Round 7- *2 SC in the next st, SC in the next 6 st * Repeat
Round 8- SC around each st
Round 9-11 Repeat round 8
At the end of round 11 leave a long tail for sewing ears

Eyes (make 2)
Ch 5
SC 2n ch from hook, SC in the next 2 st, 3 SC in the last ch
Working on the opposite side of the chain
SC in the next 2, 2 SC in the last st
Sl st on top of Ch 1, leave a long tail for sewing

Nose
CH4
SC 2nd ch from hook, SC next st, 3 SC in the last st
Working on the opposite side
SC in the next st, 2 SC in the last, join with sl st on top of ch 1

Bow
Round 1- CH 30, join with a sl st to chain 1(be careful not to turn the chain)
Round 2- Ch 1, SC in each st. until the end. Join with a sl st. on top of ch 1
Round 3-5- Repeat round 2
At the end of round 5 fasten off
Optional
Round 6- Attack black yarn, CH 1, SC in the next st and each st around until the end. At the end sl st on top of ch 1.
Using a long piece of yarn, wrap around the middle a few times and tie it.

Whiskers
Use black yarn and picture as a guide to embroider the whiskers

Hello Kitty© by Sanrio











2 comments:

cheliluz said...

esta muy bonita la diadema y calientita gracias por compartir.

Unknown said...

luvly hairband thankyou i just did one for my grandaughter

Post a Comment