Pages

Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sleepy Owl

Hi everyone!!
Remember my HK post when I told you that the headband was very versatile and that I have so many ideas for it. Here is another off my list that i want to share with all of you. I still have more to come so stay tuned.


If you make this and post a picture of it on your blog/facebook please include a link to this pattern.  Also, I would love to see your creations on my facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Paper-Needles-n-Sweets/252330694896083
And of course if you don't crochet, you can always order one from my facebook page.

If you find any mistakes or problems with  the pattern, feel free to contact me, I'll be glad to help you. You can use this pattern for your personal use, craft and other sales, but please do not share a copy of my work or claims as yours, instead share my website where they can find the pattern for free.
Thank you

Sleepy Owl Headband/Earwarmers©

Headband
For the headband just follow the same instructions as the HK one http://crafterguilt.blogspot.com/2013/02/hello-kitty-crochet-headband.html, and do half pink half blue.
However, for this pattern  I used worsted weight yarn instead of sport weight. If using worsted weight yarn you only need to go until round 12 and finish off there. I did half pink, half blue but you can use any combination of colors as you like.

Eyes (White)

Make 2
Round 1
Magic circle 12 DC, join with sl st to top of 1st dc
Round 2
Ch 2, hdc in the same st as ch 2, 2 hdc in the next st and each st around, join with sl st to top of ch 2
Round 3
Ch 2, hdc in he same st as ch 2, hdc in the next st *2 hdc in the next st, hdc in the next st *repeat from,  join with sl st to top of ch 2, fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing
For the eyelashes you can watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG3-dVDx3D8
And if you don't want to make a sleepy owl, you can  always use buttons for eyes.

Ears (Make 2)
They are crochet on continuous round you will need a crochet marker
Round 1
MC 5 SC (MC-Magic Circle)
You can watch this video for the tutorial of the MC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PmaQJbyVt0 or google it online if you like another version
Round 2
2 SC in the next st and each st (10 st)
Round 3-6
Repeat Rnd 2
At the end of rnd 6 fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing

Nose
MC Ch 2, 3dc, 4hdc, dc, 4hdc, 3dc, ch 2, sl st into the magic circle, fasten off leaving a long tail for sewing 
Leave a long tail
Sew pieces together as seen in the picture.
Paper, Needles n Sweets © 2013
Please do not redesign or sell any of my patterns or photos as they are copyright protected. Instead direct them to my website where they can find the pattern



0 comments:

Post a Comment